Master Lock® Lost/Reset Combination
For lost combinations check to see if your lock has a serial number.
- Please see examples of a serial number if you are unsure if your lock features one.
My lock does not have a serial number
- Unfortunately, we are unable to provide combinations for non–serialized locks.
My lock has a serial number
- For security and liability reasons, Master Lock will not provide lock combinations in response to phone, fax, or email requests. However, if the padlock is not secured to anything and it has a serial number, you may send it to:
P.O. Box 1326
El Cajon, CA 92022-1326
With a check for $12.00 each padlock. We will then return the locks to you with the correct combinations. Some may find it less expensive to purchase a new model at masterlocks.com, others may find some locks to be sentimental in value.
- If the lock is attached to something, we recommend you contact a local locksmith to unlock with minimal damage.
Store your combination at www.masterlockvault.com - a FREE service from Master Lock! The Master Lock Vault provides a safe and convenient place to store all of your confidential data for quick and easy access from your PC, iPhone, or any other mobile devices!
Resetting Your Combination
To reset your combination, you will need to know your current combination.
175 & 176
- Here are the instructions for changing the combination on you model 653D lock. This lock is preset at the factory to operate at 0-0-0-0.
- With dials at 0-0-0-0, pull out the shackle
- Turn shackle counterclockwise 90 degree (1/4 turn)
- Continue pressing shackle down and turn another 90 degree (1/4 turn)
- Set the dials to your own combination
- Turn shackle clockwise back to the original 90 degree position, lift and return shackle to closed position
- Be sure to record your NEW combination as you are the only one that knows it!
- Instruction sheet: https://cdn.masterlock.com/masterlock/resources/documents/pdfs/7000-0081--875-and-975-Combination-Reset-Instruction-Sheet.pdf
1175, 1177, 1178