Have you Forgotten or Lost your Combination?
One of the most frequently asked questions:
What do I do if I’ve forgotten my combination?
What follows is the instructions specified by the Master Lock Company for standard dial combination locks from their Frequently Asked Questions. Product specific FAQ answers are also available at MasterLocks.com
A) My lock does not have a serial number:
To provide enhanced long–term security, Master Lock has discontinued imprinting a serial number on the lock body on combination locks sold through retail locations. For greater convenience, we encourage consumers to store their combination at our secure website, Masterlockvault.com, which is easy to use and offers 24/7 access. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide combinations for non–serialized locks, if the user did not register with Masterlockvault.com. Please see examples of a serial number or date code if you are unsure if your lock contains either one.
B) My lock has a serial number:
Use current instructions (see below).
We recommend you validate whether your lock contains a valid serial number or date code prior to submitting a lost combination form.
Due to increased security concerns nationwide, Master Lock recognizes the heightened need for additional safety measures. We no longer provide lock combinations in response to phone, fax, or email requests. Please follow the procedure outlined below to obtain the combination to your lock and submit your request to:
Master Lock Warehouse
1600 W. La Quinta Rd
Suite/WHSE # 1
Nogales, AZ 85621
- Print out the Lost Combination Form from a printer friendly page, or download the PDF file.
- Have your Lost Combination Form notarized by a Notary Public to prove that you are the owner of the lock (you can include up to 6 combinations on one notarized form).
- Note: Inmates at a correctional facility – in addition to the lost combination form, you must submit your request on official prison letterhead. In lieu of notarization, the form must be signed by a prison official.
- Photocopy the serial number on the back case of your combination lock. This copy MUST clearly show that the lock is not attached to anything. Be sure to hand write the serial number on the photocopy.
- Mail the original completed, notarized Lost Combination Form and the photocopy of the back of your lock to the [Nogales, AZ] address above.
- For Canadian customers, please fax all documents to us at 1-800-229-0081.
Note: It will take approximately 4 to 6 weeks to process your request for a combination.
Note: If the form is not fully completed and notarized with a raised seal or rubber stamped seal, or if the serial number is not legible on the photocopy, your request will not be honored. Master Lock does not reimburse for any Notary fees.
Store your combination at www.masterlockvault.com – a FREE service from Master Lock! The Master Lock Vault provides a safe & convenient place to store all of your confidential data for quick & easy access from your PC, iPhone, or any other mobile devices!